Product categories and tags work in much the same way as normal categories and tags you have when writing posts in WordPress. They can be created, edited, and selected at any time. This can be done when you first create a product or come back and edit it or the category/tag specifically.
Adding a product
Adding a product is similar to writing a post in WordPress.
- Go to Studiocart > Products > Add Product.
- Enter a product Title, Description, and Featured Image
- Go to the Product Settings panel, and configure your settings.
The Product Settings meta box is where the majority of important data is added for your products.
- Button Text – Customize the label on the order button
- Primary Color – Determines the heading and button color when using the default product template
This section allows you to control when your checkout page can be viewed and what should happen once the cart closes.
- Limit Product Sales – enable to have Studiocart auto manage inventory
- Amount Remaining – Visible when Limit Product Sales is enabled. Enter an amount and Studiocart will auto-update your product inventory
- Cart Opens/Cart Closes – Specify the dates and times that the checkout page will be visible
- Cart Closed Action – Choose to display a message or perform a redirect when someone visits the page when the cart is closed
- Cart Closed Message – Shown when Display Message is selected as the Cart Closed Action. Enter the message that will be shown when the cart is closed.
- Cart Closed Redirect URL – Shown when Perform Redirect is selected as the Cart Closed Action. Enter the URL that page visitors will be redirected to.
Studiocart gives you the ability to set up multiple Payment Plans for a single product. Under Product Type, you can choose if a plan will be a one-time payment or recurring payments. Each payment plan has the following fields.
- Option ID – Enter a short ID for this plan using letters and numbers only.
- Name – The name/description that will be shown on the checkout page for this plan.
- Price – The amount charged to the customer
- Pay Interval – Visible when the Product Type is set to Recurring. Choose how often a customer will be billed under this plan.
- Subscription Length – Visible when the Product Type is set to Recurring. Select the number of times a customer should be charged under this plan.
Each price option also allows you to specify an on sale price, name, interval and subscription length. There are 2 ways to control when a product is on sale. Manually via the On Sale switch, or you can set it and forget it with the Schedule Sale switch and then choosing Sale Start and Sale End dates.
After a successful purchase, customers can either be shown a custom confirmation message or redirected to a thank you page with the Confirmation Type dropdown.
You can also send email notifications after a purchase.
- Name – Set an internal name to help you identify a notification
- Send to – Send the notification to the purchaser, WP administrator or a custom email
- Set your From Name, From Email, Reply To and BCC email addresses, and Subject
- Message – Enter the email message
On this tab, you can choose what happens when someone purchases your product, such as subscribing them to a mailing list or creating a new user on your site. Click the Renew Mailing Lists button to fetch your latest mailing list info.