Product categories and tags work in much the same way as normal categories and tags you have when writing posts in WordPress. They can be created, edited, and selected at any time. This can be done when you first create a product or come back and edit it or the category/tag specifically.
Adding a product
Adding a product is similar to writing a post in WordPress.
- Go to Studiocart > Products > Add Product.
- Enter a product Title, Description, and Featured Image
- Go to the Product Settings panel, and configure your settings.
The Product Settings meta box is where the majority of important data is added for your products.
- Public Product Name – (Optional) Enter a custom title to show a different product title to the name of this page
Hide Page Title – Enable to hide the title of this page
Header Background Color – Determines the header color
Header Background Image – Adds a background image to the header
- Primary Color – Determines the button color when using the default product template
Turn off default product page – Sets the product page to display a custom checkout page already created for this product
This section allows you to control when your checkout page can be viewed and what should happen once the cart closes.
- Limit Product Sales – enable to have Studiocart auto manage inventory
- Amount Remaining – Visible when Limit Product Sales is enabled. Enter an amount and Studiocart will auto-update your product inventory
- Cart Opens/Cart Closes – Specify the dates and times that the checkout page will be visible
- Cart Closed Action – Choose to display a message or perform a redirect when someone visits the page when the cart is closed
- Cart Closed Message – Shown when Display Message is selected as the Cart Closed Action. Enter the message that will be shown when the cart is closed.
- Cart Closed Redirect URL – Shown when Perform Redirect is selected as the Cart Closed Action. Enter the URL that page visitors will be redirected to.
Studiocart gives you the ability to set up multiple Payment Plans for a single product. Under Product Type, you can choose if a plan will be a one-time payment, recurring payments or free. All payment plans have the following fields.
- Plan ID – Enter a short ID for this plan using letters and numbers only, no spaces
- Option Label – (optional) Enter a name/description to show on the checkout page for this plan
- Price – Enter the amount to charge the customer
When recurring payments are enabled the following fields are available.
- Frequency – Select how often a customer will be billed per day/week/month/year
- Pay Interval – Select when a customer will be billed under this plan
- Number of Payments – Select the number of times a customer should be charged under this plan
Sign-up fee – (optional) Enter the amount to charge the customer for signing up to this plan
- Free-trial – (optional) Enter how many days the customer has to trial this product for free
Each price option also allows you to specify an on sale price, name, interval and subscription length. There are 2 ways to control when a product is on sale. Manually via the On Sale switch, or you can set it and forget it with the Schedule Sale switch and then choosing Sale Start and Sale End dates.
If your product has more than one payment plan available, you can customize the URL to auto-select a specific plan on the checkout form. This allows you to create buttons for each payment plan on the sales page.
To do this, add ?plan=addplanID to the end of the checkout page URL.
For example – www.studiocart.co/checkout-page/?plan=onepay
Enable which payment methods customers can use at checkout for this product.
- Show Coupon Field – (optional) Enable to show a coupon field on the checkout form
- Display Address Fields – (optional) Enable to have address fields on the checkout form
- Address Fields Title – Shown when Display Address Fields is enabled. Enter a title to display above the address fields on the checkout form
- Turn on Auto Login – (optional) Enable to allow new customers to login automatically after checkout. Requires an integration that creates user accounts.
- Submit Button Text – (optional) Enter a custom title for the submit button
- Opt-in Checkbox Label – (optional) Enter a custom title for the opt-in checkbox
- Opt-in Checkbox – (optional) Enable to show a checkbox for customer’s to choose to opt-in for a newsletter or other promotional emails
The following default fields are already enabled to show on the checkout form and collect the customer’s contact information. You can disable these fields if needed by deselecting their button.
- First Name
- Last Name
The following fields are available when the Show 2-Step Form is enabled. Use these fields to customize the heading, subheading and button title.
- Tab 1 Heading
- Tab 1 Subheading
- Tab 2 Heading
- Tab 2 Subheading
- Step 1 Button Label
For information on adding custom fields, please see this document Custom Fields
After a successful purchase, customers can either be shown a custom confirmation message or a custom thank you page with the Confirmation Type dropdown.
- Display Message – Select to show a custom message on the default confirmation page
- Display Page – Select to show an existing thank you page on your site
- Perform Redirect – Select to redirect to an existing thank you page on an external site
You can also send email notifications after a purchase. You can send to a Admin Email, Purchaser Email or select Enter Email to notify an address of choice.
- Name – Set an internal name to help you identify a notification
- Send to – Send the notification to the purchaser, WP administrator or a custom email
- Set your From Name, From Email, Reply To and BCC email addresses, and Subject
- Message – Enter a custom email message
You can add personalization fields to display the order information in the message, please see this document for the list of available fields Personalization Fields
On this tab, you can choose what happens when someone purchases your product, such as subscribing them to a mailing list or creating a new user on your site. Click the Renew Mailing Lists button to fetch your latest mailing list info.
For information on how to set up each available integration, please visit the integration section in the help documents here Integrations
This tab is for tools like Facebook Ads or Google Analytics to track lead captures or purchases. If you’re not using a tool that needs this information to be tracked then you can leave it as is.